Pages Navigation Bar

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Turtle Tartlets

Caramel.  Yum!  Chocolate.  Yum!  Pecans.  Yum!

These are so cute and easy to make.  I use the caramel from my caramel popcorn recipe (which makes so much, that I also had enough caramel to make caramel popcorn while I made these quick bites), premade tartlet shells, pecan pieces, and mini chocolate chips.  I whipped up these and a batch of caramel popcorn in about 30 minutes.

Ingredients
  • Caramel (see caramel popcorn recipe)
  • 1/4 cup pecan pieces
  • 1 package premade tartlet shells (mine came with 16)
  • 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Supplies
  • Piping bag
  • Hot mitt
  • Tall glass
  • Medium pot, and spatula for caramel
Directions
  1. Remove tartlet shells from package (I placed mine on a jelly roll pan)
  2. Fill each shell with 4-5 pecan pieces.
  3. P1030397
  4. Place the piping bag in the glass, and fold the edges over the top of the glass, so you can fill with caramel.
  5. Make the caramel (if you are going to make popcorn, pop it before you begin).
  6. When the caramel reaches the soft-ball stage, fill the piping bag 1/2 way.  (you can spread the rest of the caramel over the popcorn)
  7. P1030401
  8. Hold the piping bag with an oven mitt (the caramel is extremely hot!).  Cut a small hole to pipe the caramel.  Pipe the caramel into the tartlet shells—completely covering the pecan pieces.
  9. P1030403
  10. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top of the tartlets.
  11. P1030405
  12. Cool completely before serving (you don’t want any burned mouths).

9 comments:

  1. Oh my! Turtles are already one of my favorites....these look delightful!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound so tasty and they are so cute, too. I love all things mini.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhhh, these sound so yummy! Where did you find the premade tart shells? The possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm, so yummy looking! I featured you today on my recipe round up :)

    http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/01/recipe-round-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya--I found the tart shells in the baking aisle at King Soopers.

    Jennifer--Thanks so much for featuring me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, these look soo good. what could be better than chocolate, caramel and pecans. mmm...
    http://lovin-life-piersons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! Those look like such sweet little bites! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, I could totally make this! I used to buy those mini pecan pies in the gas station in that same crust and it was sooo good! I am bookmarking this to make!
    Christine
    greatoakcircle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this sounds so good right now - and the little size would really help me with portion control! Thank you for linking up to Fantastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.