Pages Navigation Bar

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Warm Hearts Warm Babies {Philanthropy #2}

Photo courtesy of http://www.warmheartswarmbabies.org/
I can't believe the month is almost over.  The time really got away from me.  If you are new to my blog, you may not know about my philanthropy goal.  I would like to participate and encourage my readers to participate in at least one philanthropic activity each month.  Last month we participated in the 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge.  If you would like to participate, please check out the project.

This month I would like to focus on Warm Hearts Warm Babies.  I first came across this organization a few years ago when I first started knitting.  Their goal is to create clothing for premature babies.  It can be difficult to find clothing, hats, etc. for premature babies, and they try to provide those items to those families.  On their site, they have links for many free patterns to knit or crotchet.  I am sure they would also appreciate anything sewn with a soft knit that is the correct size.

My friend Sarah has had two premature babies, her last one came about eight weeks early in October.  Haven has grown extraordinarily and now is the size expected of a four-month-old.  Tomorrow I will share a knit hat pattern for all my knitters out there.

I would love for you to email me any other knit/crotchet/sewing patterns that you would be willing to share with everyone this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.