Pages Navigation Bar

Monday, March 25, 2013

Kindle Cover {My Audition Craft}

If you've been hanging around, you know that I am currently a contestant in So You Think You're Crafty Season 15.  For my audition project, I entered my kindle cover.
I was so excited when I received a kindle fire for Christmas this past holiday season!  Of course I was excited at all the reading possibilities, but also for the crafting possibilities.  I knew right after I opened the gift, that I would make a kindle cover.  After scouring the racks, I fell in love with this pink/purple swirly fabric, and found this fun green accent for the inside.
I knew I wanted it to have a zippered pocket to keep all my cords, earphones, and library card (did you know that you can check out books from the library for your e-reader?).  I was pleased with the free-motion quilting design, the ease of the velcro closure, and how it fit my kindle like a glove, but it still seemed incomplete...that is until I created the design for the front of the top flap.
After I added the embroidered fabric with my name on top of this great ruffled ribbon, I knew my project was complete!  It is the perfect size and weight for the kindle, and the double layer of quilted fabric is enough to cushion it for those unfortunate falls it sometimes takes.

Come back later this week for the tutorial!

Oh, and while you're busy checking out cool new projects, head over to So You Think You're Crafty and vote for your favorite projects this week!  The theme is "Spring," and there are lots of fun ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.